Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hair measurement and amazing news!

No pictures of my nails from today, which was Nicole by OPI Global Beauty, a shimmery turquoise teal, but the manicure had bubbles from the base coat and the photo was blurry so I was just not feeling it.

Last night I measured my hair using the Long Hair Community's standard measurement (from the hairline down the back) and got over 34", only an inch or two from tailbone length. This is a sudden growth spurt, as two weeks ago I was still stalled at 33.75". What's changed in those two weeks? Biotin in 5000mcg daily.

I can see this line of healthiness on my nails coming in. It appears to be a few weeks of growth. I think in a few weeks my nails will be naturally thicker and stronger. I really hope this works out for my nails because I am so sick of my base coat, the Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener. It has done absolute wonders for my nails and their thickness and strength, so I love it, but as a base coat it is so bubbly, so I hate it! I am a perfectionist and for me one bubble is too much, so I am really looking forward to finding less bubbly base coats to play with, and probably a ridge filler too.

My other amazing news is that I found more mini bottles to franken with. I have twelve bottles cleaned out and ready to go, and I have six to return to Dollarama for bottles that haven't dried out. So much frankening to come; I am aflutter!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the hair growth and nail care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'll try to post a picture of my hair sometime this week. :)

    ReplyDelete